The Glasgow and South Western Railway Association
The Glasgow & South Western Railway Association
Photographs & Drawings Page.
Photos - A few photographs and Drawings of the GSWR in its Heyday
Baltic class locomotive at Ardrossan shed. A timely advert to buy Profile
number 5! The front end seems to have suffered a slight prang. Is this from the accident
at Ayr shed that was witnessed by Whitelegg? Photo from J R Wiseman Collection.
Manson 4-4-0 as LMS 14179, built in October 1895 as G&SWR 15, allocated to Carlisle for main line express work. By 1914 it had moved to Hurlford shed, Kilmarnock, for less important duties. In 1919 at a general renumbering it became 401, followed by the LMS renumbering. It was not rebuilt by Whitelegg and lasted until 1932, one of the last original Manson-designed locomotives. Photograph c1925-28, Association collection.
Return to the GSWRA Home Page
© 2015‐2017 gswra.org.uk